Difficulty - Beginner
Acid wash nails are a bit grungey, a bit hip and a lot easy! I saw a really cute pair of studded, acid washed cut-offs but since I couldn't afford them, I decided to re-create them on my nails! What I like about this tutorial is you get a cool textured nail without needing a steady hand or painstaking application. It's fun, simple nail art.
In this tutorial I used Beauty UK in White, Sinful Colors in Ciao Bella and Cutex nourishing polish remover.
Tips & Tricks
- When you're rubbing off the white, use a very light pressure. Press too hard and you'll end up with a chunky, bumpy mani.
- If the white is coming off too easily, apply another thin coat. If the blue is coming off, add more top coat before the white polish.
- Be careful of fluff from the q-tip getting stuck in your polish. Cotton fluff is my hell.
- Make sure the white is completely dry before you start the removal, or you'll just "push" the polish around your nail.
- Prefer a video? No problem!
The Finished Product
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved