Difficulty - Intermediate
Happy 4th of July! I might be Canadian, but this American flag nail art is so much fun to paint. The American flag is popping up everywhere in fashion at the moment...t-shirts, shoes, shorts. You may as well add nails to that list! It would look awesome with some acid washed nails!
In this tutorial I used Tip Top Nail Chic Nail Build Base Coat, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On, Tip Top Nail Chic in Astronaut, a red two way nail art with a striping brush I got from Ebay and Seche Vite top coat.
Tips & Tricks
- A long, thing striping brush will make painting those thin lines a breeze!
- For a more glitzy look, use little rhinestones for the stars on the flag and a glitter top coat.
- When you're painting the blue bit, just think of it as half a french manicure!
- Don't skip the top coat. It will make your designs look smooth and finished.
- If you make a wonky red stripe, or one is wider than all the others, just touch it up with a bit of white polish.
By Teresa C
Still have some questions? Send me an email or ask in the facebook comments below and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your American Flag Nail Art so I can feature them here!
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved