Difficulty - Intermediate
Happy 4th of July! I might be Canadian, but this American flag nail art is so much fun to paint. The American flag is popping up everywhere in fashion at the moment...t-shirts, shoes, shorts. You may as well add nails to that list! It would look awesome with some acid washed nails!
In this tutorial I used Tip Top Nail Chic Nail Build Base Coat, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in White On, Tip Top Nail Chic in Astronaut, a red two way nail art with a striping brush I got from Ebay and Seche Vite top coat.
Tips & Tricks
- A long, thing striping brush will make painting those thin lines a breeze!
- For a more glitzy look, use little rhinestones for the stars on the flag and a glitter top coat.
- When you're painting the blue bit, just think of it as half a french manicure!
- Don't skip the top coat. It will make your designs look smooth and finished.
- If you make a wonky red stripe, or one is wider than all the others, just touch it up with a bit of white polish.
Still have some questions? Send me an email or ask in the facebook comments below and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Don't forget to email me a photo of your American Flag Nail Art so I can feature them here!
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved