Difficulty - Intermediate
I am so excited to share this with you guys! Gel nail polish has been gaining popularity recently, but I had never tried it myself. So when the people at Red Carpet Manicure contacted me about doing some tutorials, I jumped at the chance to try it out! I'm so pleased with the results! I get lots of emails from people asking how they can make their nail art last longer, and this is the perfect solution! I've had my gel polish on for over a week without a single chip. It's a whole new world of nail art!
In this tutorial I used Red Carpet Manicure Prep, Structure, Purify, Gel polish in Paparazzied and Tinsel Town, Brilliance Top Coat and the Pro LED Light.
Tips & Tricks
- Make sure you give your nails a good buff to help the gel ahdere to your nail.
- Red Carpet Manicure has different LED lights, so make sure you double check how long your light takes to cure.
- If you get any gel on your skin, make sure you remove it before you cure it!
- The nail will feel tacky after curing it, so don't touch the nail surface at all until you're ready to wipe it with the Purify cleanser.
- Make your layers nice and thin, a little goes a long way!
- When you're all finished, apply a generous amount of cuticle oil to your nails.
The finished product. They still look like this a week later!
Still have some questions? Send me an email or ask in the facebook comments below and I'll talk you through any problems you're having.
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved