Nail care is an essential. It doesn't matter how cool your mani is if everyone is looking at your gross cuticles. This is especially true if you have a nail blog and are photographing your manicures. When you take close-up macros photos showing off your nails, you're also showing off your nail care routine. Also, the healthier your nails are, the longer your mani will last. Yay!
How to File Nails
Tips to Having Beautiful Nails
- Don't use your nails as tools to pick, pull or peel things. Try to treat them like you always have wet polish on.
- Wear rubber gloves when doing the dishes or other activities that submerge your hands in water for long periods of time. Warm water can cause they layers of keratine in your nails to separate and lead to peeling.
- In addition to that last tip, if your nails are wet or have just been submerged in water, don't file them! That is when they're at their weakest. Moisturize, wait, then file.
- Moisturize, Moisturize, Moisturize! It helps out your nail beds and just makes your hands look lovely.
- Always use a base coat before you polish. It protects your natural nail, and some actually help improve your nail's quality. Sally Hansen's Nail Growth Miracle has gotten some really amazing reviews, so look for the gold bottle next time your out shopping.
- Nutrition affects the quality of your nails. You are what you eat is very true! Foods rich in Vitamin B, potassium, iron and calcium will improve nail health.
- Try to have one day off with no polish on your nails to let them breathe a bit. No fun, I know. But having weak, unhealthy nails isn't much fun either. It's for the greater good!
- I've heard you can soak weak nails in milk once a week to health strengthen them. Hmmm, I'll have to give this a try and let you know.
- If you have yellow stains on your nails, gently buff the surface of your nail to get rid of them. Try not to get carried away as buffing thins your nails.
These are just some basic nail care tips to get you started. As the site grows I will be adding more information here, so keep checking back!
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved