Difficulty - Beginner
Nail Taping is an easy to do technique that gives stunning, professional looking results. A very good technique for someone just starting out, or lots of fun to do with kids if you don't mind getting a little messy! It's very helpful if you want to do a stripe manicure but don't have a steady hand, or if you just want to do a starburst effect. This step-by-step tutorial will tell you everything you need to know.
Tips & Tricks
- Use a darker polish for your second color to ensure full coverage with just one coat.
- Remove the tape when your polish is still wet. If you leave it too long, your second color won't come off smoothly.
- Make sure your base coat is completely dry or it will come off with the tape.
- Make the pieces long enough that they hang off the edge of your nail. This makes them easier to peel off quickly.
- You can do as many colors as you like! Wait until it's dry and try a different shape on top!
Still have some questions? Send me an email and I'll talk you through any problems you're having. Happy nail taping!
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved