Difficulty - Intermediate
These neon striped leopard nails are perfect for summer! They were so bright they almost looked like they were glowing on my fingers. If there's any time you can get away with crazy neon leopard nails...it's in the middle of summer at a festival or barbeque. They're so bright you're gonna need shades!
In this tutorial I used Sinful Colors in 24/7, Color Zone Glow in The Dark Purple, China Glaze Turned Up Turquoise and a neon yellow franken I made myself!
Tips & Tricks
- Let your base color dry before you start striping on the other polishes. Most neons dry pretty quick anyway!
- Do your darkest color at the tip so you can cover up any bad lines or mistakes.
- When you're making your U and C shapes, don't overthink it. Leopard print looks better when it's a bit jagged and not so "perfect".
- Don't skip the top coat. Neon polishes tend to chip really easily. My favorite is Seche Vite (you can buy in the sidebar on the right), it makes it look like there's alayer of glass over your nails!
- I also have a tutorial just for leopard print, if you're feeling confused.
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved