Difficulty - Beginner
Newspaper nails are so easy to do. No polish required (well...aside from a base color!) This is a perfect tutorial for someone just starting to do nail art! I've seen think look around the internet but hadn't tried it and I was pleasantly surprised with how fast and easy it was. I haven't tried it with magazines or pictures, but why not experiment and try out some new looks?
In this tutorial I used Beauty UK in White, The Sun Newspaper, Cheap Vodka and Filthy Gorgeous top coat.
Tips & Tricks
- I used Vodka for this, but you can also use rubbing alcohol. Some people have even used mouthwash!
- Keep a cotton pad with remover at hand so you can quickly wipe away any mistakes. A couple I tried didn't work out very well, but the newspaper ink wipes away quite easily.
- Once you apply the newspaper to your nail, don't move it or your letters will get blurred. Just gently roll your finger over the nail.
- If the paper isn't wet enough, just add another drop of alcohol with your finger.
- Make sure your letters are all the right way up. I put some of mine on upside down!
The Finished Product
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved