Difficulty - Beginner
Penguin nails are cute and fun and just in time for winter. Whenever I do them it makes me giggle every time I see those cute little guys on my finger tips. For this tutorial I used Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Blue Me Away, L.A. Colors Color Craze in Shock, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear in Black Out and some random white from Sally Girl.
Tips & Tricks
- I used stickers for my bows, but you could certainly hand paint them if you want. Make two dots on either side for the bow tie, and then pull them to join in the center. Voila! Bow tie!
- They don't have to be blue! Try a bunch of bright colors for a cute, cartoon-ish look.
- If you don't have a dotting tool, there is lots of other things you can use instead.
- To give them extra kawaii eyes, do a large black dot with a smaller white one in the center. Adorable.
- Give them angry little eyebrows, and boom! You have the madagascar penguins!
- Paint the white body in a heart shape to make it even more caroon-ish look.
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved