Difficulty - Advanced
This sailor nail art is such a classy look. Clean, shiny and a classic color combo that never goes out style. The photos don't do them justice, either! It always seems the ones that look nicest on my nails never photograph well! :(
For this tutorial I used Sinful Colors in Ciao Bella and Ruby Ruby, a random (awful) white polish and some striping tape I bought off ebay.
Tips & Tricks
- I started out using a "v" sticker as a guideline, then got impatient and freehanded it. So much faster and easier!
- The "V" tip look is also known as a Chevron
- As always, I'm going to tell you to wait for your polish to dry!!! Especially when you're doing the striping tape. That polish should be so dry you can put your hands in your pockets!
- When using the striping tape, grab a pair of tiny scissors if you have them. Normal size scissors can be cumbersome and annoying.
- If you're not used to working with striping tape, I made a video for a different tutorial that shows how to apply it.
Sailor Nail Art Designs
The Finished Look
By JeeA Lee
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved