Difficulty - Beginner
Splatter nails are super cool and easy to do, but they make a huge mess! I didn't tape my nails for this tutorial, and I really regretted it while I was doing the clean up. If you want a tutorial for how to tape off nails check out this one. Aside from the mess, this tutorial is a breeze and I got so many compliments on them. Play around with your color choices and make something beautiful!
In this tutorial I used Tip Top Nail Chic in Twilight for the base and splattered Beauty UK polish in Black and Lilac Girl, Sally Hansen Insta-Dri in Mint Sprint and Wet and Wild in Tickled Pink.
Tips & Tricks
- Lay out newspaper to work over. Put out more than you think you need....the polish is going to splatter everywhere!
- Experiment with how high or low you hold the straw over your nail to get different effects.
- When you dip the straw, try to get polish all across the opening of the straw, not just a ring of polish. It will splatter better.
- If you're using a bendy straw, cut the bendy bit off.
- Make your blows short and sharp. One quick little puff will splatter it better.
- Be patient! This one takes some practise!
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved