Difficulty - Beginner
Watermelon nails are such a perfect summer mani. They're fun, bright and simple. I want to do a whole series of fruit nail tutorials so keep your eyes open for kiwi nails, strawberry nails and any other fruits you guys want tutorials for!
In this tutorial I used OPI in Pompeii Purple, Barry M in Spring Green, Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in Mint Sorbet and a black nail art pen.
Tips & Tricks
- I made the seeds in an arc, but you can paint them randomly all over the nail if you want.
- Don't worry about the light green squiggles being perfect...nature isn't perfect!
- The white line makes it look more "finished", but if you're not confident in your ability to paint straight lines (it's hard!) just leave that step out.
- You can reverse the mani, with the green at your cuticle, for a different look.
- Just a side note...if you're wondering why this tutorial looks different it's because I did it on a fake nail using my creepy plastic "Practise Finger"!
New! CommentsLet me know what you think! Leave me a comment in the box below.
Copyright 2012 Lisa Bailey © Nail-Art-101.com
All Rights Reserved